Medicare in Florida
Medicare can be a challenge if you go about it alone. Trust Verus Health Partners to help you navigate the ins and outs of the system and educate you on the benefits you deserve.
What Is Medicare?
Medicare is the federal government’s health insurance program that was created in 1965 as a type of universal healthcare for senior citizens. This was then expanded in 1972 to also cover people under the age of 65 with long term disabilities.
You can be eligible for Medicare regardless of your income, medical history, and even health status. In fact, nowadays Medicare is responsible for helping over 60 million people with health care and financial security. The system covers a lot of potentially expensive health care related costs, including hospital visits and stays, physician visits, prescription medications, preventive services, skilled nursing facility and home health care, as well as hospice care.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with the experts at Verus Health Partners today!
A system that is there to help you
- Individuals & Families
- Employers Benefits Options
- Veteran Information
Verus in Latin means, ‘genuine, true, proper and right.’ We value our clients and serve them honestly, with integrity and transparency.
- Space Coast
- Treasure Coast
- North Florida
- ...And Beyond
What Does Medicare Cover?
Medicare was designed to cover a wide variety of health services, from inpatient and outpatient services, physician services and prescriptions. There are actually several parts to Medicare coverage, namely:
- Part A covers inpatient services. This includes hospital stays, nursing home facilities, hospice care and some health visits. Part A includes a deductible per hospital benefit period, coinsurance for extended inpatient hospital stays and nursing home stays.
- Part B covers physician visits, outpatient services, preventive services, and some home health visits. Part B has a deductible and 20% co-insurance for most outpatient services. There is usually no co-insurance or deductible applied to annual wellness visits or preventative services.
- Part C refers to the Medicare Advantage program, which allows beneficiaries to enroll in a private health plan to help cover the costs associated with Original Medicare Parts A and B. Generally, these plans are from a health maintenance organization (HMO) or preferred provider organization (PPO). Individuals receive all Medicare-covered Part A and Part B benefits and possibly Part D benefits
- Part D covers outpatient prescription drugs through private plans that contract with Medicare. This includes Stand Alone Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) and Medicare Advantage Plans (MAPD) with prescription drug coverage.
For more details on Medicare Coverage and costs, contact Verus Health Partners and we will be happy to assist you.
Helping You Determine the Right Coverage
It’s our honor to serve you
The team at Verus Health Partners is always here to help and answer any health insurance questions you might have. Call us today!